Orgone Energy Explained
The concept of Orgone energy was beginning to be embraced by 20th-century scientists before the US and European government agencies started to use suppression and imprisonment to ban publications and equipment relating to Orgone energy. All this was in an attempt to make one of the greatest discoveries of modern medicine disappear completely. So what really is this energy? And what are its benefits? Read to find out.
What is Orgone?
Orgone is a cosmic energy force that resides inside and outside our bodies. It is similar to the Indian energy called Prana, the Chinese energy called Chi, the Jewish Kabbalah called Astral Light, or any generic “life force energy.” Using special forces that manipulate the cosmic vital energies can change someone’s life for the better. Or so some claim.
The Origin of the Orgone
The theory of Orgone energies was birthed by the Viennese psychiatrist, Wilhelm Reich, who later discovered the Orgone cosmic energy. The psychiatrist claimed that the natural healing processes related to the energy could be concentrated within a certain device he invented known as the Orgone accumulator (ORAC).
The Orgone accumulator is made of ferromagnetic materials such as steel wool, organic insulators of high dielectric constant which alternate and an inner wall lined galvanized steel. This layout encourages the cosmic energy to flow from outside to the inside of the equipment, making the energy more concentrated on the inside than on the outside.
The energy is accumulated in the device based on two important assumptions:
- Metallic materials such as iron attract and quickly emit the energy.
- Organic materials attract and retain orgone energies.
Despite his works being vital, receiving wide interest, and reporting benefits for patients who used the accumulators, Dr. Reich’s scientific research faced unprecedented hostility. In a court decision made in the US, his books were ordered burned and his research findings banned by the US federal government in 1954.
The court also declared the non-existence of Orgone energies based upon journalist, American scientist, and FDA slanders. The psychiatrist was later hauled off to prison for contempt of court and for selling his accumulators and other orgone-related materials even after an FDA lawsuit injunction. He passed away in jail in 1957.
Benefits of Orgone Energies
Dr. Reich claimed that manipulating orgone energies could eliminate physical pain, cure ailments, and treat a host of other problems ranging from constipation to destroying parasites in the body. Here are some claimed uses for the energy.
- Orgone can kill cancerous cells – five years of anecdotal information shows that the majority of cancer can be treated in a single month, even in very aggressive and advanced cases. However, the cosmic vital energy may not be effective when chemo and/or radiation have been used.
- Orgone can treat HIV/AIDS – this could be the easiest disease that orgone energies can cure since the virus is not very resistant to electric current. Doctors confirm that they have never had a case where the energy fails to cure the disease even when the patient was in the late stages. An hour up to one day of orgone zapping is enough to cure patients with HIV/AIDS.
- Orgone chips reduce energy bills – some users claim that energy chips can reduce electricity bills by 50%. One customer reported that his energy consumption had gone down by more than 50% by just placing cones onto his electric meter. The power provider was surprised by the drop in over a three-month time-span that they replaced the meter with a hi-tech digital meter. Two months later, the energy usage had dropped even further.
The Scientific Evidence Available on the Benefits of Orgone Energies
In the years following Dr. Reich’s death, a few scientists and physicians replicated many of the effects of orgone energies. Notable among these experiments are:
- Double blind controlled trials on human physiology conducted at the University or Marburd by Gebauer and Muschenich and at the University of Vienna by Hebenstreit. The two experiments indicated a stimulus of the human nervous system being calm inside an orgone accumulator as compared to those sitting in a dummy accumulator. The subjects in the ORAC showed an increase in heart rate and body core and skin temperature.
- Other research experiments conducted on cancer mice showed delayed growth of tumour mass of cancer mice groups exposed to the orgone accumulator.
- A group of scientists published results of studies aimed at identifying the effects of orgone devices on acupuncture. A double-blind controlled research conducted on a population of 72 patients at the University of Wales found significant effects of the orgone accumulator on acupuncture sensation. The studies found many similarities in Reich’s theories and those of Chinese acupuncture.
- The orgone accumulator is also said to have therapeutic effects. In severe cases of burns, ORAC-exposed patients form no blisters and have the initial redness slowly disappear. Patients exposed to the orgone accumulator heal in a few minutes while others take a day or two to completely heal. Research shows that the concentration of orgone energy in the box can even sterilize wounds. In addition, it can treat colds, ulcers, and arthritis.
Orgonite in Jewellery
The popularity of orgonite jewellery and pyramids continues to surge in popularity as more and more people discover the benefits of donning such jewellery. Orgonite is a product that works to purify cosmic vital energy (aka orgone). It is a combination of crystals and metal suspended within polyester resin. Orgone jewellery comes in different shapes and is available as pendants or necklaces.
How to Make Orgonite
Making organite devices is relatively easy. The process requires the following materials:
• Polyester resin – this synthetic fibre can be found at most craft and hardware shops. While it’s not very expensive, it is good to shop around to get a good deal.
• Metal shavings – any metal that is a waste product of machining or turning will do, but copper and aluminum are mostly used for organite. Your local machine shop is a good source but if you can’t access the metals, you can get inventive with stainless steel scrubbies, cut-up copper or coke cans cut into tiny bits.
• Crystals – clear quartz orgone crystal is a good option. You can add other crystals especially if they have specific beneficial properties. These properties will be enhanced when they are together the organite.
Crystals can be found at your local crystal/novelty/new age supplier or you can search online for a range of online suppliers.
• Moulds – For amateur crafters, silicone muffin moulds make a great choice. Other options include some plastics, glass, and metal, but a lubricant like mould-release spray will be needed.
• Protective equipment – the very least protective gear you need to have is latex or disposable rubber gloves. You may also want to have protective goggles to prevent the resin from getting in your eyes.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making organite
Set up the working space and prepare the ingredients. Put on goggles, gloves, and mask.
- Mix about 50% resin and 50% metal shavings. Use plastic equipment to mix the resin (do not use an item that you may need later as cured resin is hard to clean off).
- Put the quartz orgone crystal in the mixture and any other crystals you want to add.
- Pour this mixture into the moulds then let the resin cure by itself.
- Be sure not to take the organite out of the mould for at least 24 hours. The resin may take up to a week to cure enough to have a hard surface.
Keep in mind that the first organite batch may not come out stunning. As with anything else, it takes a lot of practice to make the perfect organite.